Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal Cookies

DSC_0027

Time is a funny thing.  You can spend months and months planning for your future, and before you know it your future is here.  That’s how things have felt with culinary school.  Everything has been so crazy since the application process that I haven’t really had time to think about the reality of it all.  And in the last few weeks the reality has definitely hit me.  As of two weeks ago I’ve been a culinary school student.  These first week of classes has been a real blur, but they’ve been an amazing blur nonetheless.  I’ll write about classes more as time goes on, but for now I just want to say thank you to everyone that encouraged and supported me throughout all of this.  I wouldn’t be here without you all and I really can’t thank you enough.  



DSC_0017

Anyway, back to this whole blogging thing that I’m so terrible at.  Since I’m finally moved into my apartment (hurricane Irene gummed up the works for a few days) I made some cookies to settle into my new kitchen.  

While I was making these cookies I realized that I’d forgotten to buy a few ingredients that were in my usual oatmeal cookie recipe, so I decided to change things up and play around.  Thankfully these cookies turned out just fine, and if you ask my roommate he’ll say they turned out better than fine (he ended up eating about 25 of them over the course of 3 days). 



DSC_0025

These peanut butter cup oatmeal cookies turn out similar to your typical oatmeal cookie but lighter.  They still have the chewiness that I love in oatmeal cookies, but the peanut butter cups bring a different aspect to these cookies than your typical oatmeal raisin.  The peanut butter makes the cookies wholesome, especially when they’re warm.  

So take a break from your usual oatmeal cookie recipe and give this one a try.  I promise they’re worth it.
   
Here’s what you’ll need: 
1 cup of butter, softened
1 cup of light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 c rolled oats
1 1/2 c chopped peanut butter cups



DSC_0007

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Chop up peanut butter cups to desired size.

DSC_0009

Cream the butter and sugar and add vanilla and eggs.  Mix together until fully incorporated.  


DSC_0014

Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.  Slowly add into the egg and butter mixture until it’s completely combined.  Then add oats.


DSC_0019

Add in the peanut butter cups and when they’re mixed in scoop onto a cookie sheet and put in the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes.  Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes and place onto a cookie sheet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment