Monday, June 6, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blondies

DSC_0116


Graduating from college is a funny thing.  Suddenly people start asking you these overly convoluted and comprehensive questions about your college experience like “did you like it?” or “did you learn things?” or “do you really say wicked now?” And while the answers to all of those questions are yes they’re still very loaded questions.  My senior(ish) year at Wheaton was one of my best years so far, especially academically. 


DSC_0152


This past semester I took a senior seminar on Emily Dickinson.   Yes, I know this sounds terrible, but I promise it was far from it. A few weeks into the semester I turned everyone into my senior sem into my guinea pigs for whatever I wanted to make (and eat) that week.  Luckily, they all enjoyed it and I didn’t eat whole batches of monkey bread or blondies by myself.  One day before my class I was looking at Kevinamanda.com and found their blondie recipe, and it looked freakin’ delicious so I had to give it a try. 


DSC_0128


I changed their recipe a little, instead of adding nutella like suggested I put chocolate chip cookie dough in.  Let’s just say that it worked out really well, like gooey, melty, gives-you-the-warm-and-fuzzies, really well.  I’d make them again in a heartbeat, especially if I knew I wouldn’t be sitting there eating the whole 8x8 pan by myself.


DSC_0112


Here’s what you need:

1 1/2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8-12 oz of chocolate chop cookie dough





First you’ll need to heat the oven to 350 degrees and grease or line and grease an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper or foil.  Next melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat and add the light and dark brown sugars and mix until the sugar is melted. 

DSC_0111

Mix together the flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl and place on the side.  Then, whisk together the eggs and vanilla extract until they’re fully mixed. 


DSC_0120


Start to slowly add the butter and sugar mixture while constantly mixing.  When the butter and sugar mixture is combined add the flour and mix until it’s completely incorporated. 

DSC_0123

Pour into the baking dish and add small spoonfuls of the dough around the dish until you’ve added as much as you’d like. 


DSC_0135


Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick that’s been inserted comes out clean.  Let cool and remove from the pan and cut into 16 pieces. 

DSC_0140


Eat them quickly because if you don't they'll be gone before you know it!  

First you’ll need to heat the oven to 350 degrees and grease or line and grease an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper or foil.  Next melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat and add the light and dark brown sugars and mix until the sugar is melted.  Mix together the flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl and place on the side.  Then, whisk together the eggs and vanilla extract until they’re fully mixed.  Start to slowly add the butter and sugar mixture while constantly mixing.  When the butter and sugar mixture is combined add the flour and mix until it’s completely incorporated.  Pour into the baking dish and add small spoonfuls of the dough around the dish until you’ve added as much as you’d like.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick that’s been inserted comes out clean.  Let cool and remove from the pan and cut into 16 pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment