Monday, April 18, 2011

Homemade Tortilla Chips

Sometimes I feel like I’m the luckiest girl in the world.  I’ve got such an amazing family and it’s nice to know that they’re always supporting me no matter what happens.  So I just wanted to take a few seconds to say thank you to them for being so wonderful and understanding.  You’re all the best and I love you.

DSC_0034

I also need to thank everyone that’s been reading my blog over the last few months.  I know it’s still very small, but I really appreciate that you take the time out of your day to check up on my blog and maybe send it around to a few friends.  If I could I’d bake you all thank you treats, but since I can’t I’ll bake them for myself and give you all of the recipes.  That’ll come over the next few weeks… expect comfort food and lots of it.

DSC_0009

Anyway, back to what this blog is about, food.  I’ve got a really simple recipe for you all today: homemade tortilla chips.  These are completely different than your typical store bought tortilla chip like Tostitos, they’re not as salty and they’re much smaller, but they’re worth a shot. 

What you’ll need:
1 package of either corn or flour tortillas (should contain about 8 tortillas)
2 tablespoons of oil

DSC_0004

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  With a pastry brush, lightly coat one side of the tortilla and start to stack them with the oiled side up. 

DSC_0005
When you have all of the tortillas stacked cut them in half, then into quarters and finally into eighths.

DSC_0012
Lightly grease a baking sheet and place the cut up tortilla greased side down.  Bake them for about ten minutes, or until they have turned golden-brown.  Let cool and enjoy with your typical dip of choice!


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  With a pastry brush, lightly coat one side of the tortilla and start to stack them with the oiled side up.  When you have all of the tortillas stacked cut them in half, then into quarters and finally into eighths. Lightly grease a baking sheet and place the cut up tortilla greased side down.  Bake them for about ten minutes, or until they have turned golden-brown.  Let cool and enjoy with your typical dip of choice

No comments:

Post a Comment